Take the first step in your business career with a course designed to provide training for office-related roles.
Learn the practical skills necessary for employment, or bring yourself up-to-date with the most modern techniques if you’re looking to re-enter the workforce.
You will study the essential skills required in every office environment. A knowledge of general office techniques, reception and customer service, give our students the skills required to undertake entry level positions in reception and front desk, and with experience, to proceed to positions as personal assistants and office managers.
- Administrative and office support roles
- Customer service officer
- Administration assistant
TRAINING PACKAGE STATUS – current
CRICOS COURSE CODE- 105576J
One semester (18 weeks of training plus a mid-semester break)
Face to face training
On campus at Sterling Business College – 65 Newcastle St Perth
- Completion of 10 years of schooling or equivalent
- English proficiency – Please see Entry Requirements for further details
To achieve this qualification you will be required to successfully complete 13 units – 6 core units and 7 electives. The elective units will be chosen by Sterling Business College.
Total number of units = 13
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBTEC403 Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBOPS305 Process customer complaints
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
**Please note: elective course units may vary
After achieving this qualification you may choose to undertake a range of Certificate IV level qualifications within the Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages.
Note: SBC may not offer all qualifications listed above in possible pathways