Greetings from beautiful Perth, Australia’s great capital city on the Indian Ocean! Making the decision to study in another country is exciting and may be a bit challenging, so we have created this page especially for you.
Sterling Business College Pty Ltd has provided vocational training for 20+ years, gaining a reputation as a provider of high quality training. Our professional staff, and smaller college environment, results in a friendly environment where everyone is able to achieve at their own level. Our courses are CRICOS registered and are offered full-time with a minimum of 20 hours scheduled contact time each week..
HOW TO ENROL
Please fill out our application form and provide evidence of your previous academic studies and your proof of English language (if required). Take these documents to your Education agent and they will make all the arrangements with us.
If you are applying directly, please email the documents to [email protected] .If you prefer to post your documents, our postal address is PO Box 8688 Perth, Western Australia 6849
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If you are successful with your application, you will receive a Letter of Offer, which includes all our terms and conditions. You will also receive invoices outlining the fees required and the dates for payment.
If you would like to accept our offer, we ask you to sign the Terms and Conditions and return it to us. Once we have received your signed Acceptance Form, your enrolment is confirmed. It is now time for you to pay the invoiced fees. Payment may be made to your Education Agent or to us directly (the bank details will be on your invoices).
Once we have received your fees, we will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and forward it to you.
You are now ready to apply for your student visa
Come along and create memories and make friends for a lifetime!
Other information about Sterling Business College that we would like to share with you
|Intake Dates 2020|
|3 February||Term 1||3 February to 3 April|
|27 April||Term 2||27 April to 26 June|
|27 July||Term 3||27 July to 25 September|
|19 October||Term 4||19 October to 18 December|
At Sterling Business College we encourage a diverse multicultural mix of students from Australia and around the world which provides an exchange of cosmopolitan ideas and friendship. With around 150 students on campus, we are able to appreciate and provide for every student personally.
Our College National mix for Term 1 2020 is made up of Australian students and students from over 30 other nationalities.
WORKING WHILE STUDYING
As an international student you are able to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while you are studying in Australia. During holiday breaks you can extend this to full time work.
There is an orientation session for international students prior to the beginning of each term. This is an opportunity for you to meet the Administration staff and to introduce you to the College and its facilities, and also to meet with other new students.
At orientation you will receive your individual, comprehensive orientation pack, information on your class timetable, student ID card, overseas student health card, and a transport concession card (Smart Rider) that gives you a discount on all train, bus and ferry fares.
SOMEONE TO TALK TO
Sterling Business College provides, or will arrange, counselling and pastoral care for students in the following areas:
- Study skills
- Education information
- Applications for further study
- Information on overseas student health cover and international students’ obligations with respect to overseas visa conditions
- Personal, emotional and cultural issues
If you are on a student visa and are bringing your school-aged children to Australia, they are obliged to attend school and you will have to pay full fees at a government or non-government school.
Cultural activities, guest speakers and study excursions are all part of the Sterling Business College experience and we will encourage you to take part in these.
ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT PICKUP
Provided prior arrangement has been made, you can be picked up from the airport by a representative of the college. We understand the importance of students from overseas having comfortable and secure living arrangements within easy reach of the campus, and we can provide you with advice on the following accommodation alternatives:
- Homestay, where you live with a local family
- Rented accommodation, such as apartments or houses
- Temporary short-term accommodation in hostels, dormitories and apartments
OVERSEAS STUDENT HEALTH COVER (OSHC)
Students from overseas who are studying on a student visa are required to maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their stay in Australia – this includes the period before and after your course at SBC.
OSHC is a special health cover that provides medical and hospital insurance for overseas students. This health cover can be arranged by us as part of your enrolment process. We work with Allianz Global Assistance as our insurer.
If you have requested Sterling organise your OSHC for you, we will arrange for your cover to commence 2 weeks before the start date of your course – if you intend to arrive in Australia earlier than this date you will need to contact Allianz to advise them of your arrival date to ensure you are fully covered from the moment you arrive in Australia.
If Sterling has arranged your OSHC the end date of your cover will be a minimum of 1 month after the end date of your final course at SBC.
Allianz Global Assistance (https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/student-visa-oshc/) is Sterling’s preferred supplier and the benefits of purchasing your AGA OSHC policy through us are:
- Over 950 bulk billing medical providers nationally
- AGA Safety & Security powered by Sonder with access to a 24/7 safety and support service https://sondersafe.com/
- Face to Face support available (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PQ7CSVKjMQ)
- AGA Telehealth services, available 24/7 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5RiM8WWn8)
- Industry leading My OSHC Assistant App, the only OSHC app to offer full claim capability and medical term translator
- Sterling Business College Application Form 2020 – Student Visa
- Sterling Business College – Adelaide Campus – Tuition Fees International 2020
- Sterling Business College – Perth Campus – Tuition Fees International 2020
- Sterling Business College Terms and Conditions 2020 – Student Visa
- Sterling Business College 2019 – 2021 Dates
- Sterling Business College Course Study Days
- Application for Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- View our YouTube channel
- Sterling Business College Brochure
- Department of Home Affairs (immigration)
- Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- ESOS Framework
We look forward to welcoming you to Sterling Business College. If you have any more questions or not sure about something please contact us.