AT STERLING BUSINESS COLLEGE WE VALUE ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE WORK PRACTICES.
The staff contribute to a better environment by undertaking a number of recognised sustainable initiatives.
We do this by:
- using LED lighting and keeping the lights and fittings clean
- reducing waste by choosing products that have minimal packaging
- recycling materials or using materials which have been recycled
- buying and using recycled paper products
- going paperless where possible
- making double-sided copies when printing and photocopying, wherever possible
- responsibly disposing of waste products
- cleaning work areas and equipment after use
- buying quality goods that will last
- regularly servicing and maintaining office equipment
- replacing appliances that are worn and in need of repair
We conserve energy by:
- turning lights off when they are not needed
- maintaining the air-conditioning at a constant temperature of 24ºC and we have the system serviced at regular intervals
- closing blinds or curtains to minimise heat build-up
- maintaining only security lighting after business hours
- switching off equipment overnight where possible
- looking at travel smart options for getting to and from work and between meetings
During long breaks like Christmas we make sure all equipment, computers and appliances are turned off at the power point.
We follow workplace health and safety requirements by having workplace health and safety policies and ensuring procedures are followed.