This Business course provides a range of communication, business, recruiting and marketing skills. Once you have completed the course you will have a firm grasp of business essentials and the confidence to undertake a variety of entry level roles in a range of industries.
- Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Project Officer
- Sales Account Assistant
- Team Leader
Lower Fees, Local Skills. Half Price Courses – some are slashed by even more!
The Western Australian Government and the Department of Training and Workforce Development, through Jobs and Skills WA, want to help build a skilled workforce for WA’s future growth and prosperity. This two-year initiative aims to stimulate training in job growth areas and support industry sectors that are important to the diversification of the WA economy.
Half Price Fees
Lower fees, Local skills
Through the Lower fees, local skills program, you can now choose from a selection of qualifications and enjoy half-price course fees capped to an annual total of $400 for concession students and youth (ages 15—24), and $1,200 for non-concession students.
Although Jobs and Skills WA courses are subsidised by the Government of Western Australia, students are required to contribute to their training costs.
One semester (18 weeks of training plus a mid-semester break)
Face to face training
On campus at Sterling Business College – 65 Newcastle St Perth
- Completion of 11 years of schooling or equivalent
- English proficiency – Please see Entry Requirements for further details
To achieve this qualification you will be required to successfully complete 10 units – 1 core unit and 9 electives. The elective units will be chosen by Sterling Business College.
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBMKG408 Conduct market research
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
**Please note: elective course units may vary
After achieving this qualification you may choose to undertake a range of Diploma level qualifications within the Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages.
Note: SBC may not offer all qualifications listed above in possible pathways
After achieving this qualification you will have the knowledge and skills required for administrative/supervisory positions within industry.