Want to work in emerging Digital Media Technology areas?
This course includes the design and production of multimedia and games for platforms including PC, console, online and mobile. Our Digital Media Design courses are industry-driven, giving you in-demand skills. They provide the opportunity to work in emerging digital media technology areas. Our Digital Design staff will be guiding you face-to-face, and you will also acquire valuable experience in supporting projects and fulfilling client expectations.
- Multimedia Developer
- Digital Media Designer
- Assistant Animator
- Assistant Website Developer
Lower Fees, Local Skills. Half Price Courses – some are slashed by even more!
The Western Australian Government and the Department of Training and Workforce Development, through Jobs and Skills WA, want to help build a skilled workforce for WA’s future growth and prosperity. This two-year initiative aims to stimulate training in job growth areas and support industry sectors that are important to the diversification of the WA economy.
ICT40815 CERTIFICATE IV IN DIGITAL MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
Our Cert IV program provides you with the skills and knowledge to be able to design, develop and use digital media technologies as an assistant information and communications technology (ICT) specialist working independently or as part of a larger development team. You will learn how to create interactive media and digital visual effects and basic web development.
Half Price Fees
Lower fees, Local skills
Through the Lower fees, local skills program, you can now choose from a selection of qualifications and enjoy half-price course fees capped to an annual total of $400 for concession students and youth (ages 15—24), and $1,200 for non-concession students.
Although Jobs and Skills WA courses are subsidised by the Government of Western Australia, students are required to contribute to their training costs.
Indicative fees for each entire course are below:
TRAINING PACKAGE STATUS – superseded
CRICOS COURSE CODE – 097056D
9 months (27 weeks of training plus mid-semester breaks)
Face to face training
On campus at Sterling Business College – 65 Newcastle St Perth
- Completion of 11 years of schooling or equivalent
- English proficiency – Please see Entry Requirements for further details
To achieve this qualification you will be required to successfully complete 17 units – 7 core units and 10 electives. The elective units will be chosen by Sterling Business College.
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- CUADIG401 Author interactive media
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTICT419 Work effectively in the digital media industry
- ICTICT404 Use online learning tools
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTPMG401 Support small scale ICT projects
- ICTWEB412 Produce interactive web animation
- ICTWEB414 Design simple web page layouts
- CUAANM301Create 2D digital animations
- CUAANM302 Create 3D digital animations
- CUAANM303 Create 3D digital models
- ICTDMT402 Produce interactive animation
- CUAANM402 Create digital visual effects
- ICTDMT401 Create visual design components for interactive games
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- CUAILL401 Develop and refine illustrative work
**Please note: elective course units may vary
After achieving this qualification you may choose to undertake specialist Diploma level qualifications
Note: SBC may not offer all qualifications listed above in possible pathways
Successful completing of the Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies you will be an attractive applicant for in-demand IT roles such as assistant digital media designer, assistant animator, or assistant designer.