Certificate II and III courses
You must have completed 10 years of schooling or equivalent
Certificate IV courses
You must have completed 12 years of schooling or have a Certificate III qualification or equivalent.
Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses
You must have completed 12 years of schooling, or have a Certificate IV qualification or equivalent, or relevant work experience.
Please note that some courses may have specific course entry requirements in addition to the above.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
All our programs require a minimum level of English proficiency. If English is not your first language we will need evidence of an English test score (IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 550 or Upper Intermediate English) or even proof of instruction in English from your previous studies. If you are not sure, you can always ask us.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning is an assessment process that involves assessment of your relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an application for credit. By removing the need for duplication of learning, RPL encourages you to continue upgrading your skills and knowledge, through structured education and training, towards formal qualifications, and improved employment outcomes.
- If you are interested in applying for RPL, you will meet with one of our staff to ensure that you fully understand the RPL process, requirements and fees.
- During the meeting we will determine what training, if any, will be required to ensure you are ready to attempt our assessments.
- If we feel that additional training is required, this is negotiated with you.
- Once you have undertaken all required training, or if additional training is not required, we will provide you with the SBC assessments for each unit of competence.
At our college, recognition of prior learning is most often demonstrated through:
- participation in structured assessment activities that our students normally would be required to undertake if they were enrolled in the qualification components.
- credit transfer for learning that you have previously achieved through formal education and training.
Please note that skills recognition is only given for whole units of competencies.